Before You Buy
What You Need to Know!
Before You Buy
We aim to give you ALL of the information before you buy. So the 3 TOP things you should know about our products are:
- Our product is the murphy bed hardware kit only. You must buy the wood separately from your local lumber store or Home Depot or Lowes. A great carpenter once told me Measure TWICE and cut once! LOL. We recommend you get the wood cut by the lumber store. And don’t leave the store without verifying it was cut right (measure again!)
- You do need basic woodworking skills to do this project. This is a project for Do-It-Yourself-ers and well, lets face it, some skills are required. Watch the videos BEFORE you buy to get an idea of what you are getting yourself into. We want you to succeed, so we put a How To Build page for you to check out.
- You will need tools! Also, do check out our Frequently Asked Questions Page
If you are unsure about anything, give us a call at 1 800 684 9651, and we’ll try to guide you to make the best decision that’s right for you. We don’t do any “high pressure” selling. We are in the business of “helping”. So don’t hesitate to Contact Us for customer support. We’re happy to help!
Step 1: Learn the process
When you choose to do a ‘Do It Yourself’ project like building a wall bed, you need to:
- Be familiar with the basic woodworking skills
- Have a few woodworking tools
- Educate yourself before you start the project and plan it ahead of time.
Most people with the basic woodworking skills can build a Murphy bed in 2 days or a weekend. For this project you need to buy wood from your local shop, cut the wood yourself, or get it cut at the local hardware store. Then you have to attach the hardware, assemble the parts and finish your project to taste. It’s your custom build, so Push Here To Learn How to Prepare
Step 2: Measure your space
The first thing you need to do is to measure. Let’s make sure that you can fit a wall bed in the space you want to fit it into. Will you need a Vertical or Horizontal Wall Bed? Push here to find out. Pay close attention to the open and closed drawings to make sure that there won’t be any problems for you to open and close the wall bed when it is installed.
Step 3: Download Easy DIY Murphy Bed Information Guide
This is a DIY or “Do It Yourself Project”. Therefore, we highly recommend you get a full understanding on how to build a Murphy bed before you buy the product. And Yes! This is exactly the reason why WE INCLUDED a FREE GIFT!
Your free gift is A Wall bed Construction Guide [PDF]. It’s absolutely free, with compliments, from our family to yours. Go ahead, it’s easy to download.
Click here to Download Your Construction Guide. (AND…you do not have to part with an email or credit card to claim your guide. This is not gated content. No gimmicks or data capture here. Just download and put to good use!)